Here is a real plan of action for a Liberal mayor:
- Widen the four main roads into the city
- Create a new outer ring road
- Build a new rail link from the centre to the main airport
- Extend the underground system to the south western suburbs
- Build a new airport to the south of the city
- Construct new port facilities in the city
OK, so it’s not a plan for London. They are (just some of) the key pledges from Ludovic Orban, Liberal candidate for mayor of Bucharest. You cant say he lacks ambition (though goodness knows how he plans to pay for it).